Thursday 7 January 2010

My best Christmas gift


My best Christmas gift this year was from my mum, a Tagine.

Though my Husband does not really like the sweetness of Morrocan cooking so I try to do a bit of fusion cooking as they call it lol.

Today I experimented with some swede, yum.

This is how I created my dish
  1. I melted some onions in olive oil adding salt and some pureed garlic and ginger.
  2. I then added a tip of a teaspoon of the following spices, Garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmaric and pepper.
  3. I cut the swede in half and sliced it into thickish wedges and added to the base mix in the Tagine and placed on the lid.
  4. The steam now softens the Swede beautifully.
  5. To finish add some fresh chopped coridaner.

Its a lightly spiced dish with the natural sweetness of the swede adding a great flavor and the caramalised onions adding a great flavor.

Try it out and let me know what you think

0 comments:

 

Mama's Kitchen Digital images Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Templates by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice