Though my Husband does not really like the sweetness of Morrocan cooking so I try to do a bit of fusion cooking as they call it lol.
Today I experimented with some swede, yum.
This is how I created my dish
- I melted some onions in olive oil adding salt and some pureed garlic and ginger.
- I then added a tip of a teaspoon of the following spices, Garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmaric and pepper.
- I cut the swede in half and sliced it into thickish wedges and added to the base mix in the Tagine and placed on the lid.
- The steam now softens the Swede beautifully.
- To finish add some fresh chopped coridaner.
Its a lightly spiced dish with the natural sweetness of the swede adding a great flavor and the caramalised onions adding a great flavor.
Try it out and let me know what you think